Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Blue screen crash (BSOD) issue occasionally.

ZLU
Beginner

Hi experts:

there is an BSOD issue with my new PC. Almost everyday it crashes of Blue Screen.

I will attach a pack of information including SSU generated machine details, dump information and minidump.

Please help to check why.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZLU
Beginner

CPU: i5-9600k

motherboard:Z390-P

you can see these in log.zip.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

ZLU, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Did you build the computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Are you doing overclocking on the Intel® Processor?

How did you install Windows?

What is the wattage of the power supply?

Are you sure the fans are working properly?

In reference to this scenario, we need to make sure the proper BIOS version of the motherboard is installed. According to ASUS's web site, the BIOS version on the board for the optimal functionality of the Intel® Core™ i5-9600K Processor is 2203. The latest BIOS version available for your board is 2808, please make sure that is the BIOS version currently installed in your system:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z390-P/HelpDesk_BIOS/

According to the SSU report that you gave us, the memory RAM seems to be fully compatible with the Intel® Processor, which is DDR4-2666:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134896/intel-core-i5-9600k-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html

We also recommend to test the PC with minimal configuration, if you physically disconnect the Nvidia Graphics card from the board and use the onboard graphics controller, is the problem the same?

If you disconnect the SSD/HDD and turn the PC on, you should see the BIOS or an error message in reference to the "media boot installation", please try that and let us know if you still see the BSOD after removing the drives or if you see any other error messages?

Also, test the PC using just one memory stick at a time with each stick, to rule out a possible problem with the memory RAM itself.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello ZLU, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
ZLU
Beginner

hi Albert,

sorry for the late of reply. I was disconnected from Internet for days.

Now I replaced my ASUS motherboard to MSI model and the issue did not happen again.

thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi ZLU, No problem at all, thank you very much for providing that information.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear the BSOD issue got fixed by replacing the motherboard and now the system is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos