Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

Bought a Intel Process looking to get the software offer bundled with it.

Rubrubadubdub
Beginner

The offer included a master key and an expiration date of 11.30.2020. Ok, I bought the processor in late October. I go to redeem the software as advertised at softwareoffer.net.com. Ok, it says please wait until November 1, 2020 for more keys to come in. I wait and try to log in on Nov 2nd, but was unsuccessful. I log in today and I select download on BIOHAZARD RE:3. I was super stoked about this.

"Unfortunately, this title is permanently out of inventory."

Well, ok. That sucks. I suppose I have to settle for Street Fighter V (a game I'm not very interested in playing but at least I'll have something to show for the promo that lead me to go with intel over amd). 

"Unfortunately, this title is permanently out of inventory."

So, intel is just running scams? This is a straight scam. They only had 450 keys for each game. I might as well have been playing the lottery. 

AMD all the way on my next build. INTEL be shady. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Rubrubadubdub,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I would like to investigate this situation for you. Therefore I would need that you provide the following information for a better understanding of the problem.

• Please provide the link where you found this offer.
  • Where did you purchase the product?
  • What is the model of your processor.
  • Can you please confirm the website where you tried to redeem the software? The website provided “ softwareoffer.net.com” is not an Intel website.

We will be waiting for your response.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Rubrubadubdub
Beginner

Hi Esteban,

My mistake. I meant to type in softwareoffer.intel.com. Sorry for the confusion. 

I bought an i5-10400 at Goodwill グッドウィル in Japan. The offer is in both Japanese and English so there was no ambiguity. The redeeming page, softwareoffer.intel.com, was also all in English so no problem there either. 

0 Kudos
Rubrubadubdub
Beginner

I forgot to mention that the offer was attached to the processor's box in the form of a leaflet. Obviously intel official. The offer included a masterkey which when inputted at softwareoffer.intel.com I was suppose to be able to redeem one of two games. (Neither of which actually effectively existed however -- since the stupidly low stock disappeared immediately after becoming available to DL). Pure shenanigans.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Rubrubadubdub,

Thank you so much for your response and the information provided.

We apologize for the inconvenience and I really hope that this experience won’t happen to you again. To report this situation to the appropriate team please click on the “Support” link at the very bottom of this page:

https://softwareoffer.intel.com/support.

Fill in your information and it will create a ticket. Our team handling those concerns will reach out to you within 3-5 business days.

That being said, we hope that this will be resolved soon. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos