Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Braswell/Cherrytail 32bit Grafic Driver ? more than 2 GB RAM ?

SYiu
Beginner

hi,

i try to run Windows 7/10 on a Zotac zBox ci323 with Celeron N3150. when install 2x2 GB RAM it still report 2 GB RAM while GFK limit it ?

i ask Zotac and they say it is a Intel Grafic Driver Problem.

at begin i installed Zotac GFK Driver and than

try Intel Driver Assistent. 3 Updates are found but only Wifi and BT are installed ... GFK fail ?!

i did manual extract file and installed lates 15.5058

but Problem is still the same only 2 GB RAM is shown instead of 3 GB for Work with 32 Bit Windows 7 / 10 like on older CPU ?

32bit_GPU_1GB.jpg

32bit_2von8RAM.jpg

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello SYiu, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Are you able to see the 4GB on your BIOS screen? Did you confirm with Zotac if the RAM sticks are compatible? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

hi,

>Are you able to see the 4GB on your BIOS screen?

YES

>Did you confirm with Zotac if the RAM sticks are compatible?

YES

as i say other older PC with 32Bit Windows OS and 4 GB RAM show 3.xx GB avaiable

p.s. works with 8 GB RAM and 64bit

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Do you have the same behavior with the Zotac driver? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

> Do you have the same behavior with the Zotac driver?

Yes

Package: 515216

Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 20.19.15.4352  

Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.16.00.3190

Operating System(s):  

Microsoft Windows* 7 -32

Microsoft Windows* 8.1 -32

Microsoft Windows* 10 -32

Platform: Braswell Processor Family

Release Date: December 21, 2015

than i try Update with Intel Driver Assistent and got win32_15.40.41.5058.exe but same Result.

i ask Zotac if it is a UEFI/BIOS Firmware Problem while 32Bit Grafic Driver seems to work up to 2x1GB RAM.

as i remember older Table PC only had 2 GB RAM ... Limit was Atom CPU.

how much RAM can be used by a Braswell N3150 on 32Bit OS ?

0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

More Problem with 32bit Driver

32bit_Display_Error.jpg

work with 64Bit Driver

64bit_Display_OK.jpg

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Let us know the following: Provide a BIOS picture showing total memory. Provide the RAM sticks part number. You can also consider the following information Physical Memory Limits Windows 10: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Memory/memory-limits-for-windows-releases#physical-memory-limits-windows-10 Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

hi,

>Provide a BIOS picture showing total memory.

Zotac_zBox_BIOS.JPG

>Provide the RAM sticks part number.

Crucial_RAM_PC3-12800.jpg

but my Question is still : how much RAM can be used with Braswell CPU on 32Bit OS ? 2 GB or 4 GB ?

i do not mean how much GFK can take RAM (up to 1792 MB)

mfg. Yiu

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
In this case the operating system is reporting only 2 GB of RAM, then the issue is operating system related not the Intel(R) Graphics Driver. We recommend you to contact Microsoft and device manufacturer for further assistance. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner
In this case the operating system is reporting only 2 GB of RAM, then the issue is operating system related not the Intel(R) Graphics Driver.   We recommend you to contact Microsoft and device manufacturer for further assistance.

ok

but what about those both Picture of my Xbase++ App ? it look wrong on 32bit

Note : have 32/64 both with Boot-Manager so it is same Hardware

mfg. Yiu

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
This is bound to the specifications provided by the OEM (Zotac). I can confirm that this processor can handle up to 8GB of RAM: https://ark.intel.com/products/87258/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N3150-2M-Cache-up-to-2-08-GHz- Did the you try using the Windows Basic Display Adapter instead of the Intel's driver? We recommend you to check with this with your computer manufacturer since they have to work to confirm if the system is working within their specs. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

> I can confirm that this processor can handle up to 8GB of RAM

thx for Answer but this was not my Question about 32bit OS and RAM.

as i say i like to run 32bit but i'm not sure which CPU Generation still support it ?

> Did the you try using the Windows Basic Display Adapter instead of the Intel's driver?

i can't return while Windows still use some Intel Driver ... i have to re-install OS to test it

> We recommend you to check with this with your computer manufacturer since they have to work to confirm if the system is working within their specs.

Zotac say, like me, it is a Intel Grafic Driver Problem see Picture of my Apps above

i need more Information before i can ask Zotac so back to my Question :

are N3150 (Braswell) design to work with 32Bit / 4GB RAM ?

mfg Yiu

offtopic :

what about newer like N3450 (Apollo Lake) or N4100 (Gemini Lake) 32bit Driver ?

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Please, see the answers below: Intel still manufacturing 32-bit x86 architecture for embedded systems. You can disconnect computer from internet, and remove the graphics driver and set up the Windows Basic Display Adapter, and test it. See processor features: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/celeron/n3150.html This processor is Intel(R) 64 architecture native. Supports up to 8 GB of RAM - DDR3L-1600 - Maximum of 2 memory channels. See graphics driver website: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=87258 On Braswell/Cherry Trail family processors: Windows 10, 64-bit Windows 8.1, 64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

hi

> Intel still manufacturing 32-bit x86 architecture for embedded systems.

but i can not find Driver for e.g. N4100 "Gemini Lake" or N3450 "Apollo Lake"

> You can disconnect computer from internet, and remove the graphics driver and set up the Windows Basic Display Adapter, and test it.

OK i will try it

> See processor features

Thx that Information i found before but it does not say anything about 32bit OS.

neverless i got a Problem with Grafic Display of my App when using 32bit Driver. What about that ?

0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

# You can disconnect computer from internet, and remove the graphics driver and set up the Windows Basic Display Adapter, and test it.

VGA_BASIC.PNG

so it is the same

what about this E/A used by Zotac

EA_F000.jpg

mfg. Yiu

0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

hi

> Intel still manufacturing 32-bit x86 architecture for embedded systems.

can you tell me : are there any 32bit Driver for new Intel CPU ?

which is the last CPU Generation where 32bit Driver are supported ?

mfg Yiu

0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

hi,

found it

https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/support/articles/000006105/processors.html

since

"Apollo Lake"

is no 32 Bit Support for Windows 10 any more :(

so my Braswell N3150 should work with 32Bit Windows 10 and show 3 GB "usable RAM" when have 4 GB RAM or more installed ?

mfg Yiu

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
The problem with memory most likely is related to OS 4GB of RAM limitation. You can see that on the link below: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/memory/memory-limits-for-windows-releases Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

hi,

thank you for your patience.

about CPU for 32Bit i saw

32bit_Braswell.PNG

it also say Haswell & Broadwell

so a Intel Core i7-5820K should run with 32Bit OS ?

mfg Yiu

0 Kudos
SYiu
Beginner

hi,

i did not find 32Bit Driver for i7-5820K but for i7-6700

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/de/de/ark/products/88196/intel-core-i7-6700-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-00-ghz.html

can you confirm it ?

mfg. Yiu

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html you can find the processors that have Windows® 10 32-bit Driver Support. Operating system support for the Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Processor will depend on your external graphics solution. This model does not include integrated graphics. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos