Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Bridge Ivy Bridge c Windows 10

АВерш1
Beginner

Hi, everybody. We plan to upgrade your PC from Windows 7 to windows 10. A significant part of the computers on the Ivy Bridge architecture. On the official website of Intel in the compatibility table indicated that the installation of Windows 10 is possible, but there is a footnote: 

"Update only: if you purchased a system with Windows 7*, Windows 8*, or Windows 8.1* installed, contact the OEM for information about upgrading to Windows 10."

What's the meaning of that? I can't understand. Thanks for the answers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello АВерш1,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

To better assist you, could you please let us know the system model, Intel® Processor, or graphics controller the computers are using.

To collect this information, you may also run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) on one of the computers and attach the report generated.

1. Intel® SSU Download link

2. Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
АВерш1
Beginner

I'm wondering if Windows 10 supports the following processors:

1. Core i3-2120 (3.3 Гц)

2. Core i5 2400 (3.1 Гц) 

3. Core i3 3240

4. Pentium G2130 3.2 Гц

5. Core i3 3220

6. Pentium G2020 

7. Core i5-760

8. Core i3-3220 (3,3 Гц)

give the answer, t to the Intel website there is nothing about these processors.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello,

Thank you for your response. 

Upgrading a system from Windows* 7 to Windows* 10 can impact how drivers or applications work under this new environment.

Please find below a few examples:

1. Intel recommends using only drivers (e.g. graphics drivers) provided directly by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) as they are customized and validated for your system configuration. When upgrading to Windows* 10, your OEM may not have customized drivers for your computers. In this scenario, your computer may lose features or customizations if you start using generic drivers available at our Download Center.

2. You may also experience installation incompatibilities.

3. In addition, older software running on your environment may not have an updated version that is compatible with Windows*. As a result, some apps have to be uninstalled because they will not work correctly or might not work at all with Windows* 10.

These are just a few reasons why Intel recommends contacting your OEM to receive further instructions and advice before upgrading to Windows* 10.

Now, please find below the Intel® Processors that support Windows* 10 based on the following support article:

Does My Intel® Processor Support Microsoft Windows® 10?

You can identify if your processors support Windows* 10 by locating the code name on the table the article makes reference to.

1. Intel® Pentium® Processor G2130

2. Intel® Pentium® Processor G2020

The other Intel® Processors are discontinued products. In other words, the interactive technical support for these products has been discontinued. If you would like to obtain further support for these products, you can submit your question through the Discontinued Product's forum for peer-to-peer support. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

You can verify a product's discontinuance status at http://ark.intel.com/ > Product Status > "Discontinued". 

I hope you find this information helpful.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello АВерш1,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello АВерш1,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos