Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15134 Discussions

CPU Package in HWinfo

MangaTech
Beginner

Hi all.
I just want to know two things, if the temp showned on the CPU Package in HWinfo is related to the tcase or tjunction?
And the CPU Package temp can be different from Core temperatures?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to ask HWiNFO what his utility displays.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

All Core temperatures displayed by apps like HWiNFO are based upon the particular DTS' measured temperature offset below Tjmax. If the temperature is at or above Tjmax, then the Tjmax temperature is returned. If the Tjmax for the processor is 100c, for example, then the highest temperature reading that will ever be returned by the DTS is 100c.

The Processor Package Temperature is calculated using a design-specific equation and the readings from all of the DTS in the processor. Yes, it can definitely be different from the Core DTS readings.

...S

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello MangaTech,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see that you want to know if the temp shown on the CPU Package in HWinfo is related to the tcase or tjunction, I will be happy to help you.

@n_scott_pearson I appreciate the information provided it has been really helpful.

Also, we recommend contacting HWinfo developers as this is 3rd party tool, the developers can provide you with further information.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MangaTech
Beginner

Yes, all good.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello MangaTech,

Snce we recommended contacting HWinfo developers, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos