Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

CPU run at lower speed. Is it normal?

LTrần2
Beginner

Hi, When I always run at 100% cpu I start to care for the speed of cpu, but the speed which is running doesn't meet the base speed. It is 3.28 instead of 3.3 Ghz. The busspeed is 99,79 Mhz.

The people tell me that it is a small/little speed miss and get no chance to fix.

I have a cpu g4400, asus h110m prime, gtx 730, 3( 2 hdd and 1ssd) and psu is coolermaster elite 500w all at about lower than 42 celcius degree.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello LTrần2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your inquiry about the Processor Base Frequency for the Intel® Pentium® Processor G4400, we would like to gather more details and recommend some steps:

1- How are you monitoring the Processor Base Frequency? From Windows® Task Manager or using a third-party software? If using a third-party software please share details and if possible a screenshot.

2- Have you tested using BIOS defaults settings? If not, please try loading defaults in the BIOS and test again.

3- Check Windows® Power Plans and settings, try choosing "High Performance".

3.1- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.

3.2- Type in "powercfg.cpl", and then press Enter.

3.3- In the Power Options window, under Select a power plan, choose High Performance.

3.4- You may also click on "Change advanced power settings" and check under "Processor power management" options are set to 100%

4- The Intel® Pentium® Processor G4400 supports Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology which switches both voltage and frequency in tandem between high and low levels in response to processor load. If the motherboard supports this feature, please test disabling Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology. (the motherboard might named the feature different, please check with the motherboard manufacturer for more details).

5- Check the BIOS version and if it is not the latest one (4203*) you can try to update it. For more information regarding BIOS fixes and improvements as well as BIOS update instructions, please contact the motherboard manufacturer. Please confirm BIOS version running on the system.

6- Finally, please run an Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test.

To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

*Links to third party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello LTrần2,

I would like to know if you were able to check the steps and inquiries previously posted.

If you need further assistance, please kindly provide the information and the outcome of the steps.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello LTrần2,

I was checking this inquiry and noticed we have not heard back from you to see if you were able to check the suggestions and the information requested.

However, regarding your inquiry about Processor Base frequency reported on the BIOS/Operating System, I would like to inform you that seeing a little lower value is a normal mismatch number reported by the Operating System or BIOS.

In case of doubts regarding the Processor's performance or state, you can run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (Intel PDT) to verify that the processor is working properly.

The purpose of Intel® PDT is to verify the functionality of an Intel® microprocessor. The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features, and performs a stress test on the processor.

You may also contact your Computer Manufacturer to check proper BIOS settings and recommended BIOS version to ensure the proper functionality of the system, including the processor.

Since we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos