Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Can an Intel Pentium D be upgraded to an Intel Core 2 Duo?

idata
Employee

So I have an old Gateway PC, that runs great, but I believe I am running into a problem with the processor not meeting system requirements for SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic). I had been doing some searching online with mix results on whether or not I can do this. I tried to look for my motherboard on the Intel site, for this information, but it is not listed. The board is a D945GBI and the current processor in it is a Pentium D 2.8 Ghz. Is it possible to switch out this processor for an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz or higher?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

This motherboard has been designed according to specifications and requirements of Gateway*, this is the reason that this motherboard is called an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) motherboard, so in this particular case, any compatibility information between Intel processors and this specific motherboard is to be provided by the system manufacturer, in other works, you need to contact Gateway* so they can provide you a list of Intel processors supported by this particular motherboard.

0 Kudos