Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

Can i7-8850H run two external 4k monitors?

MAnde42
Beginner

I'm considering to get a THINKPAD P52 Laptop.

And want to know if the i7-8850H/Intel® UHD Graphics 630 can run two external 4k monitors?

I want to pair the P52 with two 34 inch widescreens (2x (3440 x 1440 at 60Hz)).

Is it compatible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I do not believe that will be possible. At 60hz, you can have the integrated flat panel, and an external DP. But, not two external at 60hz.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134899/intel-core-i7-8850h-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

One of the Intel support engineers will have to confirm. Assuming you can have two external at 60hz, then the real confirmation will have to come from Lenovo with respect to their implementation.

Doc

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MAnde42 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Looking on the environment setting that you want to have you have to keep in mind the the display outcome can not exceed the supported bandwidth fir the video output on the processor (eDp, DP or HDMI®) For your case environment each external display needs a bandwidth of 8.92 Gbps if both of these displays as connected to the DP outcome you would be exceeding the max bandwidth of the port which is a max of 16.99 Gbps. BTW as advice previously by Al.Hill this can work on a lower refresh rate but at the end you will need to confirm this with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Lenovo™. NOTE: you can use a bandwidth calculator like https://k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp to fine the bandwidth needed. Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MAnde42 Have you been able to confirm with Lenovo™ if the system can support the display setting? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MAnde42 I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos