Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Can't find drivers for Windows 10 Intel Core i5-2430M

idata
Employee

I am running Windows 10 64-bit on a Dell Inspiron N5110, which has a brand new hard drive. I was setting up Minecraft for my sister. I launch Minecraft and it crashes saying "OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread". So, I go online to find a solution. I find one which involves uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver. So, I follow the steps and I uninstall the driver successfully. Then I go online to intel.com to download the driver. I know which CPU I have; it's in the title. I search for my CPU, the core i5-2430M. I don't see a driver for Windows 10, but I see one for 8.1, which has the same requirements as 10. I don't have time or money to upgrade the CPU or reinstall Windows 10. Can I use the Windows 8.1 driver? I haven't rebooted the computer yet. I will add an image of the download center. Is there still hope for me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Your 2nd gen processor graphics are not supported on Windows 10: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your 2nd gen processor graphics are not supported on Windows 10: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

Doc

0 Kudos
KL2
Valued Contributor I

Connect to Windows Update and search for updates. There is a driver there (9.17.10.4459), and it should be delivered and installed automatically onto your laptop.

idata
Employee

To ianbogue:

I just wanted to confirm that the graphics controller that your processor is using is the Intel® HD Graphics 3000, and Windows 10 does not support it, that is why there are no drivers available.

But, by looking for Windows updates you might get the graphics driver that you need.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto
0 Kudos