Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Can't install Easy Streaming Wizard

LBred
Novice

Hey, I have the i7-9700k and a clean Windows 10 Home (x64) installation (Version 1909 Build 18363.628). I have the exact same issue as the person in this thread:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004VgcWe/easy-streaming-wizard-installation-failure

But I don't have any third party Antivirus software like Kaspersky that can be disabled and disabling the Windows Defender did not work for me.

Edit:

Attached SSU Scan Report and screenshot of the error message.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LBred
Novice

I managed to install the tool, but only by cheating the installation.

I logged the installation of the tool to see what might go wrong. In fact, the log looked to me like everything was working fine. So, I looked at the files in the folder "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\" which is mentioned in the log. There were two Python scripts used by the installer to perform a CPU check. A comparison with the created log, confirmed that my processor was indeed correctly detected.

The CPU comparison is performed online (easystreamingapi.intel.com) and gets a value back whether a usable CPU was found. In a text file, which is also located in the Temp folder and is called msiX.txt (where the X is assigned differently for each installation process), it should be noted whether the adjustment was carried out correctly.

There it says "RESULT_PROPERTY :<->: #0" from the beginning, which is interpreted as not supported CPU. The #0 would need to become #1 so that the installer knows that the CPU is supported. However, this file is not updated correctly, and the installation fails. I did not dig deep enough to see why the correctly detected CPU is not saved accordingly.

It is possible to manually open the text file after starting the installation, while the installer is checking the CPU, turn the #0 into a #1, and save the file. The installer will then continue the installation successful.

I will attach the anonymized log file to this reply to make it easier for your team to locate and fix the error.

Unfortunately, the log is mostly in German because the language of my computer is not set to English. Therefore, I hope my explanation is understandable, since English is not my primary language.

Kind regards

LBred

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Every person's issue is unique. Don't make unfounded presumptions. Explain your problem, from the beginning, as if that person's issue didn't exist.

...S

0 Kudos
LBred
Novice

With the i7-9700k I have a CPU that is defnitly supported by the "Intel(R) Easy Streaming Wizard".

In my previous installation of Windows 10 Home (x64) it worked fine and had no issues at all.

I didn't change anything hardware related in my computer just made a clean new installation 2 days ago as I had some Windows issues regarding the Windows Update. Unfortunately it is not possible to install this software again now.

I get the message that the "Intel(R) Easy Streaming Wizard is not supported for this processor. [...]".

Some additional information about my machine are:

Mainboard: ASUS Z370-F

RAM: 16GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

All current updates and drivers are installed as well as the most recent BIOS Update.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, do you have any "cloud protection" software installed?

Doc

0 Kudos
LBred
Novice

There should be no additinal "Cloud Protection" software installed.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

In Windows Defender, did you disable both Real-Time and Cloud protection?

Have you made any changes to the Windows Firewall?

Doc

0 Kudos
LBred
Novice

Yes, I disabled both and I disabled the Windows Firewall as well.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, do not forget to turn them back on.

Download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility (using the paperclip)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
LBred
Novice

Yes I turned them back on after the try.

Thank you for your answers.

I added the scan as well as a screenshot of the error to the Thread.

L.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ah... I see that you are in legacy bios mode, which may well be the problem.

Now, you can convert to UEFI and GPT without rebuilding your system.

It involves running MBR2GPT, then a reboot to the bios to turn on UEFI. There are instruction out there that describe how to do it.

It may well be the cause. Even if not, it makes good sense to convert to GPT and UEFI.

Doc

0 Kudos
LBred
Novice

Thank you for your answer.

My drive is already in GPT style. I just was in Legacy mode as "Wake on LAN" would not work for me otherwise. I switched of CSM and I am now in UEFI mode. Switched off the Windows Security again and it still does not work.

I think the Legacy mode should not be the problem here as the "Streaming Wizard" worked fine in my previous Windows installation.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Doc

0 Kudos
LBred
Novice

Do you know when an Intel support employee would probably comment on this?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Here is one such procedure to convert MBR to GPT and turn on UEFI:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/81502-convert-windows-10-legacy-bios-uefi-without-data-loss.html

This link is provided for your convenience.

Doc

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

LBred, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

For this scenario, we recommend to uninstall the Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard from "Apps and Features". Once you do that, install the latest BIOS version provided by ASUS, I looked in ASUS web site and the latest one is 2401, please install it:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

After that, install the Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard Version: 2.1.0807:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28889/Intel-Easy-Streaming-Wizard?product=186964

In that same link above, we can confirm as well that the Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor is supported by the tool.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LBred
Novice

Hello, thank you for your response.

I already have the latest BIOS Version and I cannot uninstall the Streaming Wizard as my problem is that it is impossible for me to install this software at all.

Kind regards

LBred

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello LBred, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
LBred
Novice

I managed to install the tool, but only by cheating the installation.

I logged the installation of the tool to see what might go wrong. In fact, the log looked to me like everything was working fine. So, I looked at the files in the folder "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\" which is mentioned in the log. There were two Python scripts used by the installer to perform a CPU check. A comparison with the created log, confirmed that my processor was indeed correctly detected.

The CPU comparison is performed online (easystreamingapi.intel.com) and gets a value back whether a usable CPU was found. In a text file, which is also located in the Temp folder and is called msiX.txt (where the X is assigned differently for each installation process), it should be noted whether the adjustment was carried out correctly.

There it says "RESULT_PROPERTY :<->: #0" from the beginning, which is interpreted as not supported CPU. The #0 would need to become #1 so that the installer knows that the CPU is supported. However, this file is not updated correctly, and the installation fails. I did not dig deep enough to see why the correctly detected CPU is not saved accordingly.

It is possible to manually open the text file after starting the installation, while the installer is checking the CPU, turn the #0 into a #1, and save the file. The installer will then continue the installation successful.

I will attach the anonymized log file to this reply to make it easier for your team to locate and fix the error.

Unfortunately, the log is mostly in German because the language of my computer is not set to English. Therefore, I hope my explanation is understandable, since English is not my primary language.

Kind regards

LBred

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello LBred, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Thank you very much also for sharing the solution to this case, we really appreciate that and we are sure it will be very helpful and useful for all the peers looking at this thread.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos