Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Can't overclock with i9 10900K and Z490 motherboard

FijiFN
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having issues with the intel XTU - I can't overclock my CPU. I have an intel core i9 10900k and ASRock Z490M-ITX/AC motherboard. I can literally change the clockspeed multiplier and voltage in the bios but not in XTU. This wouldn't be a big deal if I had a graphics card but I'm currently switching between a borrowed R7 370 and my intel HD 630 graphics. And I'd like to overclock my integrated graphics so CS:GO runs better. I've attached a picture with my specs from XTU. It literally says "For best overclocking performance, check Intel; K- and X- series processors" and 2cm lower it says that I have an 10900k and Z490 board. I don't get it.

P.S. Ignore the 6c/12 threads and clockspeeds, last night I had temperature issues after rebuilding my pc due to a bad cooler mount so I disabled some cores and downclocked. Intel XTU didn't allow me to overclock on auto settings with all 10 cores active and power limits disabled when the cooler was on fine.

intel xtu.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello FijiFN

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Is the BIOS up to date?
  • Were you able to modify the settings before?
  • When did this issue start?
  • Please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
FijiFN
Beginner

Hi, sorry for the late reply - I changed boards in the middle of all this to an Asus Z590 and could overclock with XTU with no issues. Back on my Z490 board, can't overclock again. You said you guys closed the thread but hopefully you see this reply.

My bios is up to date

Nop, I was never able to change settings - first time downloading the software and it says I can't overclock

I've added as an attachment the text file with intel SSU results.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos