Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

Can't uninstall Intel XTU?

JDisa
Beginner

I'm running a Windows 8.1 Pro laptop with an i7-4800MQ. I was considering overclocking it, but decided against it in the end. However, now I'm unable to remove Extreme Tuning Utility (v4.2.0.8) from my machine. When I click "Uninstall/Change", the system thinks for awhile before giving me message that the program didn't run correctly, or nothing happens at all. I've tried stopping the service manually first, but no luck. Any suggestions/insights much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

It is important to know that Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) was design to work on Intel motherboards only, not on OEM or other system brands devices.

The version you installed on your laptop is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating system. We do not have a version compatible with Windows 8.1 yet.

As far as I know, you should be able to uninstall this utility under device manager, programs and features.

Since you are not able to, you may check if you can restore your computer to the last working state by choosing "System Restore" once you're in Windows.

0 Kudos