Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Can't use intel graphics on Gigabyte AORUS 15 x9

doruktopcu
Beginner

Hello, I bought my laptop a year ago.

It has rtx 2070 graphics and i7 8750h on it. Since rtx2070 has hight energy consumption when I am using my laptop on battery it only lasts 1.5 to 2.5 hours.

I would like to install and use intel graphics 630 while I am just surfing and browsing the internet or studying but laptop does not offer that option... Is that possible to do?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maria_R_Intel

Hello doruktopcu,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

The Switchable Graphics feature allows you to switch between using the Intel® graphics and a discrete graphics controller on a computer. For example, you can switch between the enhanced battery life of the Intel graphics while running on laptop battery power and the performance capabilities of the discrete graphics controller while the laptop is plugged into AC power.

Only the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) can determine if Switchable Graphics is supported since they handle all the system configuration and in this case, Intel just provides the CPU in stock settings, and we do not have control over any customization that the OEM has performed.

You may be able to switch between the cards through the BIOS settings. We encourage you to check this with Gigabyte to see if they support Switchable Graphics and how to handle this on BIOS.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello doruktopcu,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

The Switchable Graphics feature allows you to switch between using the Intel® graphics and a discrete graphics controller on a computer. For example, you can switch between the enhanced battery life of the Intel graphics while running on laptop battery power and the performance capabilities of the discrete graphics controller while the laptop is plugged into AC power.

Only the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) can determine if Switchable Graphics is supported since they handle all the system configuration and in this case, Intel just provides the CPU in stock settings, and we do not have control over any customization that the OEM has performed.

You may be able to switch between the cards through the BIOS settings. We encourage you to check this with Gigabyte to see if they support Switchable Graphics and how to handle this on BIOS.

Best regards,

Maria R.

doruktopcu
Beginner

Thank you very much for your fast and informative reply.

I understand,  I have contacted GIGABYTE about this and they told me it is not possible on my device.

Anyway thank you for your time!

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello doruktopcu,

Thank you very much for let us know, too bad to hear that!   I really hope that you can find a workaround to solve your issue.

I will proceed to close this thread; If you need further assistance in a different environment or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos