Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Cannot enable turbo boost

Codeman785
Beginner

I have a i7 6820HK, and in the bios I have set the multiplier to x41 and set the power max to 230. But when I open xtu the turbo boost button is greyed out and not selectable. Do I have to adjust voltage? Is there preset profiles that I can use? I've searched online and cannot find any answers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_V_Intel

Hello Codeman785,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided and in order to better understand your issue please provide the following information: 

• Also, important to know that Intel Turbo Boost Technology is enabled by default on supported processors. You can disable or enable the technology with a switch in the BIOS. No other user-controllable settings to change Intel Turbo Boost Technology operation are available. Once enabled, Intel Turbo Boost Technology works automatically under operating system control.

• Have you checked with your Original Equipment Manufacturer to know the correct steps in your system?

We will be waiting for your answers.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Codeman785
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi Codeman785,

Thanks for your response.

I notice that you didn't provide the Intel® System Support Utility, please make sure to attach this information, also please share the results of the Download the Intel® Processor Identification Utility (IPIU) Link and attach the results. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28539/Intel-Processor-Identification-Utility-Windows-Version

Also please provide a screenshot of the Task Manager, at the performance Tab.

I recommend you to check with the Original Equipment Manufacturer of your Motherboard to know how to change (enable/disable) this feature. At the Intel® XTU you will find greyed the option but only will display to you to see if it is enabled or disabled, no changes can be performed through any app or through the operating system. 

Hope this information finds you well and addresses your concern.

Regards.

Jose V.
Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi Codeman785,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello Codeman785,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos