Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Cannt downgrade intel me firmware use bios downgrade or INTEL CSME TOOL FWUpdLcl64

Jiangv
Beginner

Hi 

I recently want to upgrade my bios of a x299 board, although it was said new bios contain a new version or intel me , but I try many ways to reflash  bios, the me version still not upgraded, so I try use FWUpdLcl64.exe to upgrade me manually and it worked. but sadly, I cant downgrade me the same way, every time I running the same command it got error as follows

Error 8758: The image provided is not supported by the platform.

so, anyone knows how to downgrade me version mannually? 

if no one have, I have to rip out the bios ROM chip for entirely reflash, which never tried before.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Jiangv,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

After checking the information provided I would like to inform you that Intel® Management Engine is a layer within the motherboard BIOS that allows the interaction between the operating system and the BIOS itself.

Any third-party motherboard manufacturer and OEM branded computers containing an Intel chipset might include the Intel® Management Engine Interface, so any concern/issue related to ME should be handled by the motherboard or system manufacturer.

In order to check all possibilities in your case I would recommend contacting your OEM for further assistance on this matter.

Please check the following link to find your Computer Manufacturer Support Website.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Jiangv,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

After checking the information provided I would like to inform you that Intel® Management Engine is a layer within the motherboard BIOS that allows the interaction between the operating system and the BIOS itself.

Any third-party motherboard manufacturer and OEM branded computers containing an Intel chipset might include the Intel® Management Engine Interface, so any concern/issue related to ME should be handled by the motherboard or system manufacturer.

In order to check all possibilities in your case I would recommend contacting your OEM for further assistance on this matter.

Please check the following link to find your Computer Manufacturer Support Website.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos