Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Celeron J3455

Vegan
New Contributor I

I was looking down my pointed nose at my Celeron J3455 to see Intel's integrated graphics are so slow that even a word processor is sluggish.

AFAIK the CPU is resistant to Spectre and Meltdown seen with more expensive processors. The CPU has 4 cores but no L3 cache.

• B0/B1 revision
  • Stepping 9
  • 4 cores 4 threads

I do not know if the CPU has been updated to minimize the impact of the side channel attack.

With only 12 EU the logic is slow to run the Windows Desktop Manager and applications. The HD 500 cannot even reach HD 3000 graphics performance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Vegan

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. We will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile with more information related to your request.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

one of the links was broken the other was an index of items

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/facts-about-side-channel-analysis-and-intel-products.html

I was more interested in the new stepping as to whether mitigations are in the SoC

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information, let me investigate this request and I will get back to you with more information.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

A different problem is with the SATA SSD performance.

Apollo Lake supports SATA III so why is my SSD running at SATA II speeds????

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

The best option for that is to check with the motherboard OEM for troubleshooting steps and confirm why the SSD is running at that performance. For future requests you need to open a thread per issue and since you don't have any questions related to the original request in this case, we will close it.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

It has come to my attention that my Celeron is one of the Meltdown Spectre affected models too

0 Kudos