Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Chipset inf driver for I7 10700 not support?

Wislboy
Beginner

Hi

i am using  ASUS Tuf gaming pro (H470) with I7 1700,Win 10 2004 . I found that "CPU Host bridge/dram registers" is not installed in Device Manager and only show " PCI Standard CPU bridge".Thus i checked the hardware IDs is  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9B43 . Compare with intel chip set INF.I found 9B44 only.Is the chipset inf driver not support the newest CPU? or i install 9B44 manuelly? Please kindly help.Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to understand that the Chipset Device Software package (a.k.a. INF Update) does not provide any drivers. It provides INF files that optimally configure the Intel drivers that Microsoft includes inbox. Consequently, all we are talking about here is the label that is being displayed for this device.

Sometimes, the labels can get out of whack. This is due to devices within the chipset that have not changed from one generation to another and thus have the same PCI identifiers. If you would like to make sure that the latest available string is displayed, unzip the Chipset Device Software package  to a temporary folder and then run the installer using command line ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall". Then, check the strings displayed in device Manager AFTER doing a reboot.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Wislboy,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

We understand that you have some concerns about the chipset driver support the processor.

As you may know, the processor itself does not require any driver. It is actually the chipset.

As the chipset is designed by the motherboard manufacturer, any concern about the installation, support, or firmware/drivers for this component it would be best answered by your motherboard manufacturer.

I would recommend you to check that information with your motherboard manufacturer for a chipset update or a new BIOS release that may resolve this for you.

You can find the latest software/Firmware for your motherboard in the following link.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wislboy
Beginner

Hello Esteban

Thanks your replying .But i have a little confuse that according from ASUS provided the driver is as same as Intel provided ,even is the same version number.

My finding from inf file which is come from ASUS and intel.

As i know "PCI to CPU bridge " driver which is under Intel inf chipset driver package and manufacturer won't modified the driver because it is provide from intel and not the custom component. 

Now my PC is showing "PCI standard CPU bridge" in device manager,of course it can run without problem but not the suitable situation(Less performance,bug etc).

This is  about intel driver, not related to firmware or BIOS .This topic may be not suitable here (Processors) but i can't find any right forums.Please advise ,thanks

0 Kudos
Wislboy
Beginner

Hello Esteban

Thanks your replying .But i have a little confuse that according from ASUS provided the driver is as same as Intel provided ,even is the same version number.

My finding which is come from ASUS and intel 's provided.

As i know "PCI to CPU bridge " is a INTEL common driver which is under Intel inf chipset driver package 

Manufacturer won't modified the driver because it is provide from intel and not the custom component. .They only design the path and the location of INTEL core chip .

Now my PC is showing "PCI standard CPU bridge" in device manager, it can run without problem but not the suitable situation(Less performance,bug etc).Therefore,that is not firmware or bios issue.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to understand that the Chipset Device Software package (a.k.a. INF Update) does not provide any drivers. It provides INF files that optimally configure the Intel drivers that Microsoft includes inbox. Consequently, all we are talking about here is the label that is being displayed for this device.

Sometimes, the labels can get out of whack. This is due to devices within the chipset that have not changed from one generation to another and thus have the same PCI identifiers. If you would like to make sure that the latest available string is displayed, unzip the Chipset Device Software package  to a temporary folder and then run the installer using command line ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall". Then, check the strings displayed in device Manager AFTER doing a reboot.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Wislboy,

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos