Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Codec engines of Intel procesors

nish_2411
Novice

I checked the product specifications page of  Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor to find the number of codec engines and found it as 2. 

I want to know the same for 

Intel® Core™ i5-11500 Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor

Intel® Xeon® E-2374G Processor

But there is no information in the respective sites regarding codec engines.

Can I get these info ? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @nish_2411

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you are looking to know the number of Multi-Format Codec Engines for the 3 processors above.

Please allow us to look into this and we will be posting back as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

nish_2411, I just received an update on this matter.

Intel® UHD Graphics 770 (12th Gen like i5-12500) has 2 Multi-Format Codec Engines as well, which is the same as Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics (like i5-1135G7).

We did not see Intel® UHD Graphics 750 (11th Gen like i5-11500) has this Multi-Format Codec Engines listed, we believe it is different with Intel® UHD Graphics 770, which means Intel® UHD Graphics 750 doesn’t have 2 codes engines per understanding.

There is no difference between Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and Intel® UHD Graphics 750 for decoding and encoding capability. Intel® UHD Graphics 770 doesn’t have 2 codes engines capability:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/encode-and-decode-capabilities-for-7th-generation-intel-core-processors-and-newer.html

Encode and Decode Capabilities for 7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors and Newer will be updated for 12th and 13th gen, but for 11th generation information showing is provided above:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/encode-and-decode-capabilities-for-7th-generation-intel-core-processors-and-newer.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
nish_2411
Novice

Thanks so much for the reply.

One clarification.

I see a mismatch between 1st and 3rd paragraph.

Did you mean 

There is no difference between Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and Intel® UHD Graphics 770 for decoding and encoding capability. Intel® UHD Graphics 750 doesn’t have 2 codes engines capability:

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

nish_2411, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

I will confirm those details and share the updates as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello nish_2411, I just received an update on this matter.

After confirming the information provided previously, you were right, what we meant to say was that there is no difference between Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics and Intel® UHD Graphics 770 for decoding and encoding capability. Intel® UHD Graphics 750 doesn’t have 2-codes engine capability.

Regards,

Albert R.

Alberto_R_Intel

Hello nish_2411, With the previous clarification, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Alberto_R_Intel

Hello nish_2411, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos