Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

Comment reconnaitre un XEON X5675 sans son dissipateur thermique intégré (IHS) sur lequel est gravée la référence, et notamment quelle différence est clairement visible sur le PCB par rapport à un X5780 par exemple ?

XGIOR
Beginner

Je cherche à acheter 2 CPU X5675 pour upgrader un vieux MacPro. Le X5675 m'est nécessaire car c'est le CPU 6core compatible le plus rapide qui conserve une consommation de 95W, au lieu des 130W d'un X5680 par exemple. Malheureusement, le processeur doit être "Délidé" sur la carte mère de cette machine.

Les ventes d'occasions de ces CPU sans IHS se font rares et sont l'objet de spéculations. Je souhaite être sur de recevoir le bon modèle et cherche à pouvoir le contrôler simplement visuellement dans un premier temps (un de mes amis a été trompé sur la même référence de CPU)

Merci d'avance de vos conseils.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The processor identification can be obtained via the CPUID instruction. There are lots of freeware software that can display this information (though I have no idea what's available for MACOS).

...S

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello XGIOR,

Thank you for joining the community

You want to check the following article in order to identify a genuine Intel processor for warranty purposes.

In this other article it will show you how to identify a possible Chinese counterfeit process

About the MAC compatibility you want to doublecheck on the Apple website directly though

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello XGIOR,

Do you have any further details, updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue?

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
XGIOR
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Thank you very much to all of you !

Sorry, I thought i had send my response, but it seems that it wasn't !

So I rewrite it now :

I have reach to obtain the ATPO number with the 2D matrix on a PCB. Could I know with that number what is the processeur ?

For example, I've read the number 2V034151A3117 with the 2D Matrix on the PCB of another CPU, Does exist a tool somewhere that could confirm me that the CPU is really a X5680 in that case ?

Thanks in advance,

Xavier.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello XGIOR,

If what you need is to validate a processor that you already have then, probably the easiest way is to go to the Informations sur les guaranties with both FPO and ATPO numbers and it will tell you if the processor is genuine and the current warranty status.

Jose A.

0 Kudos
XGIOR
Beginner

Hi Jose,

No, I need to know how to validate a used processor that I plan to buy, and that I'll receive it without IHS, and thus only the ATPO visible. I would like to be sure this will be the good one, the one I paid for...

Best regards,

Xavier.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello XGIOR,

If you can try to attach a picture of the processor so we can try to do the validation using any of our internal tools.

Jose A.

0 Kudos
XGIOR
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your help. For now I've got a pair of X5680 that I identified by the references written on the separated IHS received with them. I initially didn't ordered this but a pair of X5675 instead. The vendor told me he will send me the correct ones. I'm waiting for them and I will send you a picture ASAP. The previous number ATPO (2V034151A3117) that I decoded from the 2D matrix ATPO belongs to one of the delidded X5680 I've received. Would you like a picture of it or do you expect the next correct ones?

Best regards,

Xavier.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello XGIOR,

We can wait for the new processors to arrive. We will wait for your updates

Jose A.

0 Kudos
XGIOR
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Ok, I will tell you soon,

Best regards.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello XGIOR,

Just doublechecking if you have updates about the newer processors.

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello XGIOR,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards.

Jose A.

0 Kudos