Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14516 Discussions

'Compare Online' doesn't work! (Maximus XII Hero; 10850k)

Snacko
Beginner

Does Compare Online work?  I ran both the XTU Benchmark, and the XTU Benchmark 2 (Beta (for a High number of cores).  The normal benchmark gives this error when I click on Compare Online:

"An error occurred while trying to upload the profile."

So, I Saved it as a Profile, and get the same message if I try to Upload it.

The Benchmark 2 Beta(for more cores(I have 10 on the 10850), doesn't even enable the Compare Online button.  And if I save that as a profile it gives the same message when I try to upload it.

Help is appreciated!!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Snacko

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following details?

1- Did this feature work fine before? If yes, was there any recent change related to the point where the issue started? For instance: BIOS, software or Windows® updates; or hardware changes/upgrades?

2- Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) version running on the system?

3- Are you running any other overclocking-capable software in the system?

4- Screenshots or if possible a short video showing this behavior. Please also provide us with detailed step-by-step instructions for replication purposes.

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Snacko
Beginner

1 No, this was the first time that I ever used it.  Last week I upgraded my pc with a new mb, cpu, and gfx.  Everything is working great.  A fresh install of Windows 10 64 Home.  

2 Version:  7.0.1.4

3 I'm not running anything at the same time as XTU.  My CPU and GFX are not overclocked at this time.

4 After the basic benchmark I jsut click Compare Online, and it says: "An error occurred while trying to upload the profile."  with an OK button.  Nothing worth a screenshot.  It says my score is XTU: 3990 Marks; Max Processor Frew 4.82 GHZ and Highest CPU Temp 66c.

5 Report Attached.

Q: I have 10 cores.  Should I be running the Benchmark 2 (Beta) Benchmark, or the default one?  I get a score of 5064 on the beta.   Why is the 'Compare Online' button disabled??

Thanks for your help.  

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Snacko

Thank you for your response and for the report.

Please allow us to check further regarding this behavior and your inquiry. As soon as we have more details available, we will be posting back in the thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Snacko

We would like to inform you that we tested this in our lab and we have no issues using the "Compare Online" button (it was enabled at the end of the benchmark).

We noticed that the system is running BIOS version 2002. We don't see it listed on the motherboards' website. But we do see BIOS Version 1003 and BETA BIOS 2004. Please refer to this link: ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)*. Is this the actual motherboard that you have?

If the answer is yes, we recommend checking with the motherboard manufacturer (OEM) to confirm the latest stable BIOS version available for your system and trying to update it. Please make sure to check with your OEM for proper guidance and to check any consideration before attempting a BIOS update.

Once the system is running the latest stable BIOS (or if it is already running it) please load BIOS defaults and confirm that the motherboard overclocking is not applied. Also, please make sure that Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP) is not enabled. After confirming those facts, please try the benchmark again and saving another profile.

Please let us know the outcome of the steps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Snacko
Beginner

Thanks for checking into this for me.

Yes, that is my motherboard.  I just installed it last week and it had a bios version 707.  I did download bios 2002 from that ASUS webpage.  It was listed there.  

I saved that bios and still have it.  Here's it's name: ROG-MAXIMUS-XII-HERO-WIFI-ASUS-2002 1-7-2021.ZIP

So, they deleted it for some reason.  I will check with them tomorrow.  They should at least leave it listed and say why it was removed.  Makes me worry...

Thanks, again.
Andy
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Snacko

Thank you for your response and for the clarification.

Sure, please feel free to post back any additional detail or outcome regarding the check about BIOS and the steps recommended.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Snacko
Beginner

I chatted with an Intel Rep over the weekend and he thanked me for pointing out that the 2002 bios version was missing from their list.  They are looking into it and will let me know..  I am curious if there is something wrong with it..

As far as this 'Compare Online' button problem, ...  we can just close this issue.  I do not have the time to persue as to why this button doesn't work.  I wanted to compare my overclocks as I progressed tweaking my system.  But I am using other methods.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Snacko

Thank you for your response.

We hope that you get the proper information regarding the BIOS missing from the list.

Since you mentioned that "we can just close this issue", then we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you and thank you for your time and effort.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos