Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Compatibilidade do I3 7100 com Windows 32bits

DGome8
Beginner

Bom dia,

Ao fazer uma imagem para as minhas maquinas novas, fui informado que a 7ª geração de processadores da Intel só funciona com a arquitetura x64 do Windows.

Essa informação é verídica? Tem alguém ai utilizando Win 32Bits com processador 7ª geração?

O modelo do meu processador é i3 7100.

O windows que eu preciso instalar é o 10 32Bits.

Agradeço desde ja.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi DavidCamiloGomes,

I understand you are looking for Windows® 10 32 bit compatibility information.

Please bear in mind this line of support is only in English, I apologize for the inconvenience but let me help you on this matter.

This new generation processor was developed to support Windows® 10 64 bit only, you can confirm this information by accessing the following link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html

You may need to copy and paste the link above by using a separate window.

Regards,

Allan J.
DGome8
Beginner

Boa tarde,

Então não existe a possibilidade de instalar o Windows 10 32 bits em um computador com o processador i3 7100?

Agradeço desde já.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You can run 32-bit Windows 10, but you will pay a price for doing so. The primary issue is that there is no 32-bit driver for the embedded Intel HD Graphics engine. This means that you will be using the Microsoft Graphics Compatibility driver, which is missing some features and has degraded performance.

Perhaps the question to you should be: Why do you want to run in 32-bit mode? The only reasons I can think of are (a) you have a system that can't run 64-bits -- which makes no sense if you have a Core i3-7100 processor) -- or (b) you want to run 16-bit applications designed for Windows ME (or older versions of Windows) -- which you shouldn't be doing as these applications are highly vulnerable to malware attack. Bottom line, you shouldn't be running 32-bit Windows 10.

...S

0 Kudos