Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Compatibility between AX200 and i7-8565U

DLope32
Beginner

Hello, I'm planning to buy a new PC but this question a raised. Is the AX200 WiFi 6 adapater independant from the processor to exploid the full capability of the protcol or does it need an specific processor.

I'm looking for compatibility with i7-8565U and i5-8265U specifically

Extra info: I did found that the 8th gen intel processor with v.sphere support wifi 6 but haven't been able to found anything w/o v.spehere

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You should be fine (well, provided you have a free M.2 Type A/E slot on your motherboard). It is the AX201 and above that requires processors and boards that support CNVio.

...S

0 Kudos
thomastt
Beginner

I tried the AX210 and AX201 (CRF) with an acer a515-52g-72u7 to upgrade from a 9560 CRF chipset. This laptop has an 8th gen i7 8565u.

They both don't seem to work.

The computer doesn't boot with the new AX201 chipset installed.

The AX210 chipset does work but bluetooth is not available.

Is there a fix to make it work?

Would an AX200 work (this is not CRF) instead?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you have an M.2 Type A/E that is specifically configured to support CNVio for the Wireless-AC 9560's , then this is the *only* wireless solution that you can use. Specifically,

• You cannot use the AX201. It requires CNVio2 support in the socket, not CNVio.
  • You cannot use the AX200 or AX210. They cannot be used in sockets supporting CNVio. Attempting can cause systems hangs at power on. Regardless, they typically will not work properly at runtime in this configuration.

Sorry, but Intel really screwed things up with this CNVio connection.

...S

0 Kudos