Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

Computer begin randomly freezing and fans max out after installing intel drivers ?

Segelmange
Beginner

Hi guys,

I completed my computer build a couple of month back and initially everything worked fine. Then a couple of month in my computer started to randomly freeze at the same time as the fans went to max revs and the computer hangs. I have an i9 10th gen 10900K processor and the freeze behaviour started after I installed  new drivers to my processor. Nowadays the computer updates lots of programs all the time without notifying the user so I cannot be sure. But have anyone of you come a cross the same error? I seem to remember the intel driver installation software stating this install cannot be reversed.

Any advise is apreciated

Regards
Segelmange

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Segelmange

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Which other updates did you complete on your system?
  • Did you recently install any new software?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
Segelmange
Beginner

Hi David,

Thank you for monitoring my reqest for assistance, and sorry for not updating the request.

The issue with the fans and freeze has been resolved. Unfortunately I cannot recall what sorted the issue, but is is solved.

Please close this request.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Magnus

0 Kudos