Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Computer not booting up after activated virtualization on BIOS

GBorg
Beginner

I had this problem before, but after some minutes or hours my PC booted up again. But this time 3 days ago i had to activate the virtualization techonology at my mobo's BIOS because I was learning mobile development and I had to emulate Android, after I saved the BIOS setup the PC didn't booted up again. It just doesn't show any screen, also seems my periphals (that have LEDs) aren't glowing as if they weren't receiving any energy. The PC keeps restarting for hours along, but just doesn't show any screen. I tried to remove the motherboard's battery to set it's setup as factory reset, but didn't work. Also, the MemOK Led keeps blinking, but no sound feedback. Pressing the MemOk button didn't fix that.

A man gave a tip to fix the virtualization. He suggested to use a software called CrystalCPUID. This software is able to force write a value into the processor registers, this way I could force to enable virtualization. But when I try to write any value, it just doesn't. I noticed at Aida64 it says Virtualization enabled, but when I go to CrystalCPUID, that returns the information from the processor registers, it says the virtualization is disabled.

My setup has an I7 3770, an Asus P8H77-M and 2 sticks of 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz by Kingston.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Loumier,

Thank you for posting your inquiry in this Community.

In this case activating the virtualization technology in your Asus* P8H77-M is not supposed to be affecting the way that your machine boots, unless there are other changes on the BIOS directly related to the Boot.

Do you remember making any other change?

Is there a chance that you can access the BIOS again to disable the virtualization and see if the computer boots?

Do you have any screenshots of picture of any error message or blue screen?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
GBorg
Beginner

As I said before, I've already removed the motherboard from any power souce, including it's own battery. This should restore the setup to it's factory configurations. But even after doing that the PC isn't turning on properly.

No chance to take any screenshot now. As I said, there's no video signal. Also seems the power isn't reaching the peripherals.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Loumier,

Thank you for response.

We will investigate further regarding our issue; we will reach you back as soon as possible.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
GBorg
Beginner

I hope to get an answer soon.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Loumier,

Thank you for patience.

In this case our best recommendation is either to try another CPU on your board, or test another board with your current CPU, in order to isolate the issue and find out if the culprit is the board itself or the processor.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Loumier,

We just wanted to double if you need further assistance?

Please don't hesitate on contacting us back.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos