Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

Constant Random Freeze 7700hq

lalihoooooo
Beginner

Hi Everyone

Lenovo Legion Y520, 7700HQ I7, 16 GB RAM, Samsung 960 EVO, 1TB Seagate.

BIOS version : 4kcn45ww, have tried 4kcn40ww, 4kcn41ww

Please do kindly have. Experiencing problem with 7700hq everytime I put turbo boost on, or put processor power state into 100% , random freeze will occur which is I need to perform hard reset.

It's only occuring if power cord is plugged in. In my understanding turbo boost wont hit on battery.

So I think it happening because the turbo boost, because if I tried to disable the turbo boost the system running relative stable.

Have tried everything possible ranging from:

1. Changing thermal pads and paste

2. Removing RAM, SSD, HDD

3. Reinstalling Windows

4. Downgrading BIOS

5. Change AC Adapter

6. Checking for broken cable etc.

7. Do Memtest, Cputest from Intel, basically any other test passed

Have tried XTU, whenever I click benchmark it will suddenly freeze and need to hard reset. But if I tried stress test it's going well and normal, until the stress test completed it will randomly freeze again.

So please if any magician could help me out, thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lalihoooooo
Beginner

Additional detail, have contacting the service center of Lenovo.

Change new SSD, HDD, and even new Motherboard. The problem keep persisting. And currently my warranty have already expired. Please kindly help.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, for one thing, Your processor is not supported by XTU.  You have an H processor, XTU only supports X and K processors.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @lalihoooooo

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We found that you have an internal open case describing the same issue and the same hardware/software environment as the one in this thread. Since Intel® Customer Support is already assisting you through the internal case, to avoid duplication of effort we will close this thread now and the support will continue through the internal case.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos