Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Core 2 Duo E8400

TLeon2
Beginner

Will there be microcode updates for the E8400 C0 stepping CPU as I have seen a list provided by Intel that Core 2 processors are affected by Spectre?

Banger

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Banger

I understand you would like to know more information about the Spectre and Meltdown issue. Allow me to help you regarding this inquiry you have.

We are still working hard to provide a solution for this issue. Intel and other companies have begun providing software and firmware updates to mitigate these exploits. You can also check with your operating system vendors if there is any update available.

Please find more information about this issue below:

Antony S.

TLeon2
Beginner

I could be blind but I cant find a list of products on the page link you give?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Banger.

Please double check this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/facts-about-side-channel-analysis-and-intel-products.html the webpage there is a section that says Impacted Intel® Platforms, over there you should be able to verify this information.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
TLeon2
Beginner

Many thanks but what generation is a Core 2 Duo processor is it part of the 2nd generation of Core products?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, the Core 2 Duo E8400 is actually part of the processor generations that preceded the First Generation Intel Core processors.

...S

0 Kudos
TLeon2
Beginner

So at present Core 2 Duo isn't listed as affected?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
0 Kudos
ble2
Beginner

If I'm using that cpu core 2 duo, would like to upgrade to core i3 is compatible with the old main ? now, i running some thing to view my site: http://giaythethaonamtphcm.com

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Not a chance. You can only upgrade to processors in the same family, compatible with the socket and supported by the board's BIOS. For a list of the processors that you can upgrade to, you need to contact the manufacturer of your motherboard.

My personal opinion? Dump this ancient crap and get something much more modern.

...S

0 Kudos