Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Core i3-10110U Temperature

SBogo2
Beginner

I have a Core i3-10110U processor, during full loading the crystal temperature reaches a level of 90 degrees Celsius. (cpu-z stress-test and monitoring temperature in HW-monitor || gaming).

Is this normal? I'm worried it won't stop working over time if nothing is done.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Providing it is not going above that level, then everything is fine.

...S

0 Kudos
SBogo2
Beginner

90-94 degrees is a lot, especially for a laptop. Given that 100 degrees is the critical temperature for this crystal.

Just bought a laptop. And the temperature situation does not make me happy. If you disassemble the body to replace the thermal paste on the processor - the warranty on the laptop is voided.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi SBogo2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, the T-Junction of the Intel® Core™ i3-10110U Processor is 100°C, any temperature measure below that value is considered normal an expected, please verify that information in the following link:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/196451/intel-core-i3-10110u-processor-4m-cache-up-to-4-10-ghz.html

And no, we do not recommend to open the laptop apart since as you mentioned it will avoid the warranty.

The Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool does an overall test on the unit, if the processor passed the test it means it is working fine:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SBogo2
Beginner

Attached the test result file.

------------------------

The laptop manufacturer (Acer) responded in a similar way to you: "A temperature of up to 100 degrees Celsius is acceptable for this processor. For more information, contact the processor manufacturer." =)))

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello SBogo2, I just wanted to check if you were able to run the Intel® Processor Diagnostics tool and if the Intel® Procesor passed the test?

Just to let you know, if the problem about high temperatures is still present, then what we recommend as the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the computer, since they build it and integrated all the components in it, they might have also their own software or application to test the temperature on their device.

The source of the issue could be hardware, the fan might be not working properly or the board in it might be defective as well, they are the ones that will be able to confirm if that is the case and to provide warranty options if necessary.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

SBogo2, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

Perfect, we are glad to hear that Acer was able to confirm that the temperature readings that you are getting for the Intel® Core™ i3-10110U Processor are normal and expected for this unit.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos