Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Core i5-10210U processor and virtual frequency

habdu10
Beginner

Good evening ...
I have a laptop from HP with a 10th generation i5 processor (Core i5-10210U)
According to the written speech, the page located here. The frequency of the processor with the tribo reaches its maximum frequency( 4.20 GHz) 
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/195436/intel-core-i5-10210u-processor-6m-cache-up-to-4-20-ghz.html

Now the device, once more than four months, did not see the processor transmit this frequency.
The maximum frequency the processor has reached is (3.80), and it rarely reaches this frequency
I don't know why processors are designed with fake speeds ...?
The price I paid for an Intel processor, it was possible to get a laptop with an AMD Ryzen ™ 5 4500U processor with stronger frequency, more cores and better performance!
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-10210U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-4500U/m819403vsm1052299

Now how can the processor be made at maximum frequency? ,
They knew I was using a fan on the bottom of a laptop to keep the device cool

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello habdu10, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results either in a screenshot or .txt file. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply. 

3. Run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility and send the report either in a screenshot or .txt file. Follow the instructions here

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

habdu10
Beginner

Reports are attached ...

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello habdu10,  

Thank you for the information provided.  

Please keep in mind that your processor must be working in the power, temperature, and specification limits of the thermal design power (TDP). If your system does not meet these requirements, or your workload/application is not demanding, then the processor might not reach the Turbo max frequency.  

You can try the following:  

• Make sure your BIOS, drivers, and Operating System are up to date. (Check with HP* for the latest downloads)  
  • Reset BIOS to its default. Ensure the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology option, if available in the BIOS, is not disabled. (Consult with HP* how to enable TURBO in the BIOS.)  
  • Make sure your processor thermal cooling solution is appropriate for your system. (You also need to check with HP* for this information)  

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello habdu10,  

I hope our previous recommendations were useful.

Please remember that if your system does not meet the power, temperature, and specification limits of the TDP requirements, or your workload/application is not demanding, then the processor might not reach the Turbo max frequency.  

Make sure your system is up to date and is running in optimal conditions (check with the system manufacturer).

We will proceed to close this inquiry, if you need further assistance, plesae submit a new questions as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos