Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14511 Discussions

Core i5 4690K

YZari
Beginner

Hello! I recently bought a processor Intel Core i5 4690K and can not figure it out - how many cores / threads in it? Why Windows 10 programs or system menus have different information? On the site of Intel, some software to determine the components write that 4 cores, others are 2? (How many cores / threads here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello lcduikt,

Thank you for posting in our Intel ® communities.

I understand that you want to know exactly that amount of cores that your unit has.

In this case based on our https://ark.intel.com/products/80811/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-90-GHz- ARK portal the number of cores and threads present on the unit will be 4 each one; 4 cores, 4 threads.

You can be confident in our documentation. In this case the OS does not interact directly with the CPU that's why the readings from the OS may be different such as task manager and computer management in your case.

3rd party apps may show different values and readings too.

Using our Processor identification tool is the most recommended action and as you can see it shows 4 cores and 4 threads.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello lcduikt,

Thank you for posting in our Intel ® communities.

I understand that you want to know exactly that amount of cores that your unit has.

In this case based on our https://ark.intel.com/products/80811/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-90-GHz- ARK portal the number of cores and threads present on the unit will be 4 each one; 4 cores, 4 threads.

You can be confident in our documentation. In this case the OS does not interact directly with the CPU that's why the readings from the OS may be different such as task manager and computer management in your case.

3rd party apps may show different values and readings too.

Using our Processor identification tool is the most recommended action and as you can see it shows 4 cores and 4 threads.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

YZari
Beginner

Hello! Thank you, everything really is. I think the problem was that I installed a new processor with an already installed OS. Different programs and various system menus showed different information. Later I found the following solution on the Internet (maybe somebody will need it): run "Command Prompt" - cmd like the Administrator and enter "bcdedit.exe /set numproc 4" (4 is the real known number of cores) and press Enter. After that, we reboot the PC and the problem disappears. I'm use Windows 10 x64.

0 Kudos