Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Core i7 7700 and Gigabyte H310M S2H motherboard PC starts and after one second turn off

JStaj
Beginner

I´ve bought Intel processor Core i7 7700 and Gigabyte H310M S2H motherboard. When CPU is removed from motherboard socket everything works well (PSU, ventilators) but when CPU is inserted into socket and 12v (4x2 pin connector) is plugged in PC starts and turn of in second. When 12v connector is removed also everything works well. Please suggest what is possible cause for this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I do not see your processor on the supported list:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H310M-S2H-rev-10/support#support-cpu

Doc

0 Kudos
JStaj
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is not on supported list but I think it should at least boot and than say it is not supported? I had plenty of PC´s whose processors weren´t on motherboard support list but it worked anyway.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

But, it does not work. And, I would stop messing with it unless you want to damage the board or processor, or both.

"I had plenty of PC´s whose processors weren´t on motherboard support list but it worked anyway."

Well, now you have one that does not. For a processor to work, it has to be socket, chipset, AND BIOS COMPATIBLE.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I was thinking about your statement "but I think it should at least boot and than say it is not supported?"

The processor cannot provide that message. It would have to come from the Gigabyte BIOS. You should make that suggestion to gigabyte.

Doc

0 Kudos