Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Core i7-9700T Turbo Ratios

CoreLord
Beginner

Could anyone tell me the Multi-Core turbo ratios of th 9700T?

I already know it is base 2.0 and has single core turbo of 4.3, but what are the 2/3/4/5/6/7/8 core ratios?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

CoreLord, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order to provide the most accurate information, we will do further research on this topic, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

CoreLord, I just received an update on this matter.

Just to let you know, we are still doing further research on this topic in order to try to provide the details that you are looking for.

We just wanted to confirm, is there any reason why you need this information?

Are you working on a project?

Are you building an engineering sample or trying to overclock the processor?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
CoreLord
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the reply, I am planning a low powered build with potentially a 9700T. If the 9900T runs all core turbo at 2ghz (when not power or thermal limited) then I will have to consider maybe the 65w 9700S instead, and maybe have to change power supply options too.

If it turbos on all cores to something reasonable like 3-3.5ghz, then it is ok and I can use it in my build.

Obviously the 2ghz base is a worst case scenario when running AVX etc, however it will not be running any AVX workloads, rather lightweight multi threaded stuff, so it should be able to turbo to its max all-core ratio without hitting power limits.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

CoreLord, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

We looked in the processor's data sheet for the multi-core turbo ratios of the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T processor, the only information in reference to this topic basically describes the power consumption in general, not by every single core, here are the links for the data sheets:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/8th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-2.html

So the best thing to do at this point, since you are trying to create a low powered build, will be to visit our Intel® Resource and Design Center web site, in there you just need to create an account, log in and submit your inquiry for them to try to provide all the information that you are looking for:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos