Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Core i9 10980HK Lags while recording and recorded video is too sloppy, lagged and skipped frames

jahmed_14
Beginner

Hello there,

I am facing issue with my newly purchased MSI laptop. when i record any video game the game play lags a little but the recorded video is too sloppy, lagging and seems to be skipping frames.

Any one else facing this type of issue?

I would be very thankful to get some help is this 

System Specification:

processor type Intel Core i9-10980HK (10th Gen)
graphics card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8 GB)
display type FHD-LED Display
display size 17.3"
operating system Windows 10
product type Gaming Laptop
item title GE75 Raider 10SFS
model series (MSI) GE
operating system architecture 64 bit
processor speed 3.1 GHz
VR (virtual reality) enabled VR Enabled
capacity 512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD/1 TB HDD
RAM 16 GB RAM
ports HDMI/USB 3.1/USB C/RJ-45
display resolution 1920 X 1080 (FHD)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jahmed_14, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you with this problem, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results either in a screenshot or .txt file. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply. 

3. Can you provide a video of the behavior that you are having? (both, while recording and the recorded video) You can attach it to the thread or use a platform like YouTube* and provide a public link.  

4. What platform are you using to record your gameplay?  

5. While recording your gameplay, please open the Task Manager (right-click on taskbar, choose “Task Manager.”) and provide a screenshot of the Processes tab and another one of the Performance tab. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
jahmed_14
Beginner

Hello Sebastian M ,

Thanks For your response, 

please find the attached reports you asked me to provide you. Also I have tried almost every recording software with recommended settings but output is same on every recorder.

I tried shadow recorder (nVidia)

StreamlabsOBS

OBS studio

Windows Game Bar recorder 

Also here is the link of gameplay video which recorder you can see the  frame drops easily

https://youtu.be/QCjTqvBmS9w

Looking for ward to your response

Regards

Jahangir Ahmed

0 Kudos
jahmed_14
Beginner
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jahmed_14,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Please let us review this information internally, once we have an update we will post it on this thread. 

Kindly wait for a response. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jahmed_14, 

Thank you for waiting. 

After checking internally, we believe that this problem is not related to the CPU, it could be to the graphics card or the recording tools instead, please check the information below: 

• The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool passed so this shows that the processor is working fine. 
  • We could not see any lag and/or stutter issues in the recording that you provided, is it possible for you to maybe share a different video or to point out the exact time when the lag occurs? Additionally, I would like to clarify that micro-lags can also be related to Game optimization, graphics drivers, and also the disk drive used (HDD/SSD). 
  • You may want to double-check with the recording tools developers just to make sure that the settings being used are the recommended ones for your system. 
  • Additionally, you can try updating/reinstall the graphics driver provided by your computer manufacturer (OEM) or the graphics card vendor. You should check with them direcly for guidance.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jahmed_14,  

Were you able to check the previous post and follow our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello jahmed_14,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos