Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Core power dissipation of E5-1650v4

anilavakundu
Beginner

Hi, 

I am trying to get the power dissipation of just the core plane (PP0_Energy refer: intel rapl ). I've tried using papi APIs to get reading using rapl but it appears that E5-1650v4 doesn't have H/W counters to read core plane power (read: rapl:::PP0_ENERGY_CNT:PACKAGE0 shows 0 always). Is there any other way to measure power? Maybe using off chip voltage counters? 

Any help with be really appreciated! 

Regards

Anilava 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, anilavakundu.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your ticket regarding technical details of one of our Intel processors, and I will be assisting you.

Please allow us to review this and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Anilavakundu.

Thank you very much for your time and for patiently waiting.

After reviewing all available documentation we can confirm that he information you are looking for is not available.

We can only recommend you to also check this with the system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer, but if they are also not able to provide this information, it is just not available.

The thread will be closed right now, and no longer monitored by Intel support, since there is no further assistance or details we can provide regarding this particular inquiry.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos