Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Counterfeit Intel I7 8700 processor?

IVein
Beginner

Hello everyone. Recently i purchased Intel Core I7 8700 processor on aliexpress, in this store - https://ru.aliexpress.com/store/4059063 KEXUNDA Store - магазин на AliExpress. Товары со скидками

When i recieved it i was very surprised, since the processor was packed in a transparent packet and small plastic box instead of original box. It missed manuals, warranty and everything else. It didnt looked like new, which was very surprisingly too. I tried to check the FPO code on intel site and it looks like the code is invalid. Im almost 100% sure the processor is counterfeit, so i opened the dispute on aliexpress. I also checked the descrpition of the item and saw that seller hid the intel logo on photos and listed wrong manufacturer instead of intel. First, aliexpress support looked at all my evidences and judjed me a full refund, but then the seller uploaded some very strange document, the "Certificate of Authorization" and aliexpress changed their decision and cancelled the refund. I checked the document and looks like it is issued for another company, not this particular store, plus it looks counterfeit - there is a text over the stamp, while stamp should be applied only after the document is printed, so its always on top. Is this actually an official Intel authiorization document? I thnk that the seller is a swindler and he is going to steal my money. Aliexpress judges he is a fair seller and he should get my money. Why would fair seller hide the intel logo on photos and list wrong manufacturer? And why would he send used processor with invalid FPO code, no package and warranty, instead of brand new original processor that i paid for? Aliexpress administration requested me to upload "official inspection from brand owner", otherwise they would release the payment to the seller. I dont know what should i do next and how to retrieve my money. If anyone could help me i would be very happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

When purchasing from a seller on some site, you take a huge risk.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keksvol

Thank you for joining the community.

I have sent you a private message to request additional information and contact information.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keksvol

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos