Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Cpu is making a buzz in my speakers

Bojan87
Beginner

Regards to all,

My question:

I have an intel i7 4970k processor (desktop computer). For a long time I've been trying to figure out what makes a strange buzz in my speakers. I found that it came from a computer and probably my connection to a music card. I use vwin 10. By changing in Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Power Options I change to MODE POWE SAVER

then the buzzer disappears. I noticed that it was due to a change in active and passive cooling. I wonder if passive cooling can harm my processor and integrated graphics card? Do I often have to change active or passive during work, is it safe for my processor? I noticed that only then the weird sound disappears (system cooling policy) I want to mention that that buzzing sound amplifies when I change to High preformance.

The buzz and little chatter in my active speakers are heard all the time, but its volume varies by moving the mouse, opening the net explorer, yt..and other programs. I was trying to solve the problem of changing the electrical stuck cable, I was also changing the home grounding (ground loop). There is a problem somewhere, but I definitely can't hear it when my computer is in power saver mode. When active cooling is off. Please explain the active and passive modes..and whether it is safe to change it as needed during work, then I noticed that the strange sound disappears.

I forgot to mention that I tested my speakers by changing my computer and putting on my phone. Nothing was heard to be wrong, the problem was not the speakers. The problem is definitely in my computer.

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
Bojan87
Beginner

Should I drop my doc here or click submit as a buyer as it turns out that it won't connect? Hmmm… we can't reach this page

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Just run the tool, save the output as a text file, and attach it with the paperclip.

Doc

0 Kudos
Bojan87
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The processor doesn't make noise. The processor cannot make noise. This is a motherboard problem.

..S

0 Kudos
Bojan87
Beginner

Ok. Thank you. I solved the problem

0 Kudos