Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Cpu overheating

Praveen001
Beginner

My laptop has i5 1035G1 processor which reaches its max temperature of 100 degree Celsius during heavy workloads. My concern is that it runs continuously at that temperature for longer durations (more than 10 minutes). I replaced the thermal paste, reinstalled windows and drivers but it still reaches 100 degrees. Is it normal for this CPU to run at this temperature continuously?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Praveen001,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool: 

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792

3. Where are you seeing the temperatures> If possible take pictures.

4. Is the issue recent? If not, when did it start?

5. What is the temperature when the laptop is idle?

6. What is the temperature when the laptop is not under a heavy workload? Like only browsing or checking the email?

7. Have you updated the BIOS?

8. Have contacted the laptop manufacture to check the behavior of the unit?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Praveen001
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

I checked the temperatures using hwinfo64 and hwmonitor. Both showed similar results. I checked the temperatures yesterday only but the issue must be prevalent from the beginning itself, when i purchased the laptop an year ago. During heavy workloads, the fan becomes very loud and the keyboard also heats up . Usually, my heavy workloads were only for shorter periods (less than 5 minutes) so i didn't worry about the heating and fan noise but yesterday i had to do a heavy processing for about 15 minutes and the keyboard became very warm. That's when i checked the temperatures. The idle temperature is around 43 Celsius ( Ambient temperature is 30 degree). When browsing its around 60 degrees. Bios is running on latest version (Updated on 08.04.2021). 

I was unable to contact the dell support center in my country through email or phone call. So i contacted intel before going in person to dell service center. I also ran the built in dell system diagnostic tool but it didn't detect any faults.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Praveen001, 

Thanks for the information provided. I would like you to know that the temperatures for idle and browsing are quite normal and expected, however, to help you with the temperature spikes (spike are normal as long as they do not remain for a long period of time) please try the following:

1. Load BIOS settings to default.

2. If possible, disable Turbo boost at the BIOS.

3. Run all Windows updates, including optional updates.

4. Check the power settings and if possible change the power plan.

5. Make sure that the CPU runs at the base frequency (1.00 GHz).

6. Try to reinstall Windows.

7. If none of the previous steps worked, check with DEEL for further recommendations.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Praveen001, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Praveen001, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Shivam_Shobhit
New Contributor I

Hey @Praveen001 

Hope you are doing well.

As per your problem is concerned, do refer following links, you will get your doubts cleared :

Could my processor get damaged from overheating? 

Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors 

Also, I would ask you to contact your laptop manufacturer as it's a mobile processor and to do the fan cleaning and all you would need their help.

Do reply back if further assistance needed.

Regards,

Shivam_Shobhit

0 Kudos