Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14396 Discussions

Cpu temperature averaging around 93-94 degree while gaming.

User1586629820800628

i have i7 7700k 4.2 ghz processor with gtx 1070 graphic card and 16gb ddr 4 ram.. I recently started playing COD Warzone and i saw that i am not getting the optimum frames that i should be getting so someone told me to record gpu/cpu temperature.. my gpu temperature was quite normal averaging around 73-74 average but my processor temperature is going quite high averaging 93-94.. what should i do in such a situation ? please tell me all the possible solutions.

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Check in Bios settings that the integrated GPU - Intel HD Graphics 630 is disabled and the NVIDIA adapter is enabled.

Leon

0 Kudos
User1586629820800628

Hey !! I just opened my bios..and i found that my graphic adapter is set to PEG which i guess stands for pcie that is my main graphic card and igd multi monitor is disabled..also the current cpu temperatur in bios was around 62 degree and motherboard temp was around 42 degree.

waiting for you to reply back

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Yes, looks that your NVIDIA card is enabled and is disabled. Those are correct settings.
  2. The temperature shown in Bios are not reflecting the CPU temperatures under load.
  3. I can't help you more, except to advise you to check the cooling fan if is working correctly and if it is clean from dust (so, the air inlets and outlets).

Leon

0 Kudos
User1586629820800628

i opened my cpu, removed the dust from gpu and the fan but was not able to unlock te cooling fan so was not able to completely clean it but i removed a lot of dust.. but the temp is still the same...

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel will tell you that these temperatures are perfectly normal and acceptable when stressing the system.

As Leon indicated, never go by the temperatures you see in BIOS Setup. This environment is radically In BIOS Setup, all power management features of the processor are disabled and the processor is simply spinning in a loop when it has nothing to do

I wonder if these temperatures are the result of Software Rendering being enabled. Check the configuration for your game and make sure that GPU Rendering is enabled.

...S

0 Kudos
User1586629820800628

i opened my cpu, removed the dust from gpu and the fan but was not able to unlock te cooling fan so was not able to completely clean it but i removed a lot of dust.. but the temp is still the same...

game is showing that it is using my gtx 1070

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

When the temperature is 94c, what is the fan doing? It *should* be spinning at full speed. If it's *not* spinning at full speed, then you know that the problem is that the fan response is improperly configured (you configure set this in BIOS Setup). If, on the other hand, the fan *is* running at full speed, then you know that it's not being effective. In this case, since you've removed what dust you can, it is time to remove the heatsink-fan unit and replace the TIM. Get something good; check out this review: https://beebom.com/best-thermal-pastes/.

Hope this helps,

...S