Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14508 Discussions

Cpu wont power on

Tibbs
Beginner
So i was done building my friends pc, after i had already buit my own. After i was done installing it all i went to boot it up and everything was going good until i saw that the qleds werent lighting up, now when this happened with my computer it was because the cpu wasnt getting any power but with his i changed the cord and made sure absolutely everything was pluged in but still nothing. I tried taking it out and putting it back in and still nothing, i tried plugging it right into the wall and still nothing. The cpu and motherboard are the same ones i have in mine and it works like a charm but his wont boot up. The only difference between the two is the cooling for the cpu which his is liquid and mine is the one that comes in the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Replace the power supply.

What processor?

What motherboard?

Why is this an Intel problem?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Tibbs
Beginner
The CPU is an Intel i7 9700, the motherboard is an Asus Prime Z390-A, and the power supply is a GAMEMAX 750w. I was assuming that it might be an Intel problem because my issue is with the cpu
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Try a different power supply.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Tibbs
Beginner
I tried my own power supply and it still won't turn on, I even put my own cpu in his pc and still. I think it might be his motherboard because everything else is plugged in or proven to work because it works in mine
0 Kudos