Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

DPTF error 17

daly68
Beginner

Hello,

I keep getting this error, and others, and I don't have a clue as to what is causing it and how to fix it. Sometimes the computer just crashes.

I have a Huawei laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Bios 1.28  with Windows 10  version 20H2    OS build 19042.906

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks in advance

this is what the error says:

ESIF(8.7.10401.16510) TYPE: ERROR MODULE: DPTF TIME 172471861 ms DPTF Build Version: 8.7.10401.16510 DPTF Build Date: Aug 21 2020 11:58:11 Source File: C:\jenkins\workspace\dptf\Src\DPTF\Sources\Manager\WorkItem.cpp @ line 208 Executing Function: WorkItem::writeWorkItemErrorMessagePolicy Message: Unhandled exception caught during execution of work item Framework Event: PolicyOperatingSystemBatteryPercentageChanged [67] Policy: Power Boss Policy [5] Exception Function: Policy::executePolicyOperatingSystemBatteryPercentageChanged Exception Text: Failed to set battery percentage: DPTF Build Version: 8.7.10401.16510 DPTF Build Date: Aug 21 2020 11:58:11 Source File: C:\jenkins\workspace\dptf\Src\DPTF\Sources\Manager\EsifServices.cpp @ line 454 Executing Function: EsifServices::primitiveExecuteSetAsPercentage Message: Error returned from ESIF services interface function call Participant: TPWR [5] Domain: DFL [0] ESIF Primitive: SET_BATTERY_PERCENTAGE [668] ESIF Instance: 254 ESIF Return Code: ESIF_E_PRIMITIVE_NOT_FOUND_IN_DSP [2404]

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Try the recent driver version:

0 Kudos
daly68
Beginner

Hi, and thanks for answering.

I found the driver here

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=4873&lang=th     

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Version 8.7.10600.20700 WHQL

Do I just download it? where will I find it if it causes problems and I have to revert it?

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
daly68
Beginner

Hello,

I thought I responded to your message, but I don't see it listed. So forgive me if I repeat myself just in case you already got the message.

Is this what I should download?

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Version 8.7.10600.20700 WHQL  and is it ok from this site?

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=4873&lang=th

In case something goes wrong, how do I find this driver and can it be reverted back to the one I have now?

Thank you very much.

DH

0 Kudos
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hi @daly68 ,

Your messages got caught in our spam filter due to the hotlinks you included. I've released them now but you may not want to post links anymore as they'll probably get screened out. Thanks,

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Station-Drivers is indeed a reputable website that i am using since many years.

Actually they got this particular driver from DELL and i installed it on my ASUS rig.
This works because that driver is generic (as opposed to laptop graphics drivers with vendor restrictions).

Generally you can create a "system restore point" before installing anything and later in case of trouble roll back to the status before the installation.

0 Kudos
daly68
Beginner

Hello,

I downloaded the updated driver for DPTF. I will wait to see if new errors come up. I noticed other errors in the list, but I have no clue what they are.

I don't think all these errors are very important. It would be nice to know which ones I should definitely pay attention to. Anything I should read to educate myself?

Thank you for your input.

have a good night.

DH

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello daly68

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

The support for the Intel® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (DPTF) is provided on the Intel® Developer Zone.

We're glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. If you need further assistance please visit https://software.intel.com/

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos