Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

DSA hangs on initialing, Dell rugged 5424 Windows 10/H2

wrgraves
Novice

When I try to install DSA it just hangs in 'Initialing' when I run setup. I'd like to update the intel drivers and there are a lot of them. Don't know how to proceed, but, I ran SSU and attached it. I also attached a picture of the hung setup.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
wrgraves
Novice

bought 'Driver Easy' , It fixed 22 drivers on one machine and 27 on another.  Problems went away and everything is working fine now. Could not find a easy solution here, that one was easy and was mentioned as one to use on the Microsoft website.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello wrgraves,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. When did you notice this issue?

2. Were you able to install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) before?

3. Do you get any errors during or after the installation?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
wrgraves
Novice

It appears that DSA is extremally slow on my hardware and may even hang till I reboot. it took 3.5 hours for the setup to complete with no errors or other output and then the first hardware scan didn't complete until the next day when I powered up the in the morning. It didn't seem that useful as  'Driver Easy' reported 22 drivers out of date, most of them intel but DSA only fixed 2. So DSA is installed now. Not sure what to do about the other 17 out out of date intel drivers.  

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@wrgraves "Not sure what to do about the other 17 out out of date intel drivers. "     Do not believe them. 

Please do yourself a favor and NOT use 3rd party driver sites like driver easy. You never know what information from your machine they are uploading (and to what country it is going), and you never know what payload is in the packages they are downloading.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Also, if you are referring to Optional Drivers that are being identified by Windows Update, as Microsoft plainly states, these driver packages should usually only be installed if necessary to address a problem being seen.
...S
0 Kudos
wrgraves
Novice

bought 'Driver Easy' , It fixed 22 drivers on one machine and 27 on another.  Problems went away and everything is working fine now. Could not find a easy solution here, that one was easy and was mentioned as one to use on the Microsoft website.

0 Kudos