2. Project Name:Dagger2
3. Application: Storage
4. Platform:Ice Lake D LCC SoC Product
5. Project Status: EVT
6. Contact Person: Jason Hung
7. Contact Phone: (removed)

8. Contact Mail: (removed)

==========================================

I implement driver(like i2c-imc.c which can be find from internet) to access SMB of the IMC for diagnostic test in factory.

The driver need access SMB register but I can not write data to SMB register, this register seem limit access authority to OS for read only(Please refer the attached file).

How to write data to SMB_CMD_CFG register? From data sheet description, the SMM mode can be accrss it sith read/write.

How to into SMM mode from OS mode?

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FoxconnDiag
Beginner

Sorry forgot attached file

upload it

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @FoxconnDiag

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are currently checking this inquiry; please allow us more time to look into it and we will be updating this thread as soon as we have more details available.

Note:

In order to protect your privacy, we have removed some of the personal/contact information from your original post.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @FoxconnDiag

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further, it is worth mentioning that your Design inquiry will require a closer look by an Intel Field Application Engineer (FAE). Or you can also use Intel® Premier Support (IPS).

If your company has its own Intel representative, you may want to inquire if they can assist you with this inquiry. Your company's Purchasing Department will normally have your Intel representative's contact information.

If you do not have a contact or IPS source, you may want to speak with a Field Application Engineer from a local distributor.

Please find in this link a list of Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos