Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

DaisyChain mit Celeron Prozessoren (DP 1.2 MST)

vfyod
Beginner

Unterstützen Celeron Prozessoren der 9th Generation die Multi Stream Transport (MST) funktion über einen DisplayPort 1.2 anschluss?

Konkret geht es um den Intel G4930 mit UHD Grafik 610 die laut Datenblatt bis zu 3 unabhängige Monitore unterstützt und 4096x2304@60Hz über DP 1.2 ausgeben kann.

Mein Mainboard und Monitore (2x WQHD) haben beide DisplayPort 1.2 und unterstützen DaisyChain. 

Allerdings gibt es nur einen DP 1.2 ausgang am Mainboard, deswegen muss ich MST verwenden.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Assuming that you have set up the monitors to be MST DP 1.2 compliant, you should be able to do MST daisy-chaining with two WQHD (2560x1440@60Hz) monitors. While three-monitor MST daisy-chains is possible, remember that Intel UHD Graphics 610 support a maximum of three monitors total and that a single channel may not have the bandwidth to support more than two 1440p monitors. Dell calls out support for two 2560x1600 monitors, though they don't identify the frequency they can support in this configuration. See https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln293813/how-to-daisy-chain-multiple-monitors-using-displayport-multi-stream-transport-mst?lang=en.

...S

0 Kudos
vfyod
Beginner

Thats a good point with the refreshrate.

Does the Driver of Intel UHD 610 is improved for MST and recognize all Displays in the Chain without problems, or are there any limitations?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I know of no driver version-specific issues with MST and display recognition. If you have a setup and are seeing some anomaly, please describe this anomaly and we can discuss why it is occurring.

...S

0 Kudos
vfyod
Beginner

Just want let you know that im using it since half year and anything works fine.

But i have buy the the I3-9100.

0 Kudos