Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Desktop Window Manager using a lot of memory

Maia
Novice

After I updated some intel drivers, this problem have been occurring, when I'm using my navigator (Opera GX) the DWM process go between 300 to 800 MB, and sometimes it just randomly go back to 20-50 MB, how can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

"The Desktop Window Manager high memory issue may be caused by a recent Intel driver bug."

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Maia

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share more information with us:

• Which driver started this?
  • Did you try different drivers?
  • Which Intel product do you use?
  • Provide the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Maia
Novice

Hi David

I'm currently using the Driver's Version 30.0.100.9684, I couldn't roll back the drivers 'cause I actually didn't know in which driver version this error started. 

I use an Intel HD Graphics 630, which the Graphics Driver Version is "27.20.100.9466", and an Intel Core i7-7700HQ which the Driver Version is "10.0.19041.546"

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. As a friendly reminder, we are waiting for the SSU results to continue with the process. Let us know once you can run this report.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
Maia
Novice

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay. I ran the SSU, should I send the Scan Information file to you here?

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Correct, you can post the results here or you can reply to the email we sent to the e-mail address associated with your community profile.

David G. 

0 Kudos
NishantNayak
Beginner

Here is the file I am also getting the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Maia
Novice

Here is the SSU report

David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. We are currently working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided, this issue has been reported and is being investigated under bug id #22012524606. You can report this issue to Microsoft Support so they can debug the issue on an operating system level.

You can also join the following community thread and participate in the conversation with other affected users. 

For more information, please check our article:

We can close this case to avoid duplicate efforts, let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos