Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Detection tool will not detect my cpu, I can't download drivers either.

BRunn
Beginner

I recently updated my build. The purpose was to upgrade from my amd to an intel processor, which in turn required a new motherboard, new ram in this case, and a new cooler, etc. I currently am using a Gigabyte z270x Ultra Gaming motherboard with an Intel Core i7 7700k processor. When I try and download the most recent driver (or any older version) it says that "this computer does not meet the requirements for installation."

When I try and use the intel utility tool to identify my processor, it fails and says there is nothing detected. When I check my device manager, it shows 8 intel core i7 7700k processors (probably each core). It states that the current driver is from 2009, and that it is the latest version. I have tried using zip files to locate updates manually for drivers, but these have also changed. The intel tool that identifies the processor only works, and does show that I have an intel core i7 7700k.

Does anybody know a solution? I would very much like to have control over my processor and get the most out of it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What operating system are you running?

doc

0 Kudos
BRunn
Beginner

Sorry, windows 10 64-bit

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Where are you downloading these drivers from? [Hint: you should initially be using the versions on your motherboard manufacturers web site]

0 Kudos