Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Device Manager Error: Intel Management Engine Interface

woosh4123
Beginner

If I am using the wrong Board, Please tell me which Board I should use for this question.

On my computer WIN 10 PC Device Manager, I see a yellow “Caution” flag next to Intel Management Engine Interface #1 device.

• If I click on the properties section, I see the following statement:
  • “Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)”
  • The device has firmware version: 14.5.12.1111
  • The driver is section shows 21181100.0.1078
  • If I say check for driver update, I am told I am using the most up to date version.
  • If I run the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, I get the message: “Your Intel drivers and software are up to date.”

Question (1): Shall I uninstall this device and hope upon rebooting the yellow “Caution” flag will disappear.

Question (2): Should I disable the device and hope my computer will never ‘miss’ it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Disabling the device can have consequences for features supported (like DRM), so I do not recommend that. What I do recommend is that you uninstall this device, choosing to delete all related software, and then reboot. I would next download the latest Intel Management Engine driver package for your processor/chipset from the Intel Download Center (we can point you to right package if you identify your processor/chipset) and then install it.

...S

0 Kudos
woosh4123
Beginner

Dear N Scott Pearson,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Please do not confuse me with someone who knows very much about the inner workings of my computer. I will attempt to provide you what I think may be answers to your professional response.  I hope this info is useful to you - it comes from a software called “Speccy” installed on my computer:

Motherboard

Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co. Ltd.

Model  H410M PRO-C (MS-7D01) (U3E1)

Version            1.0

Chipset Vendor           Intel

Chipset Model Comet Lake

Chipset Revision          05

Southbridge Vendor    Intel

Southbridge Model     IDA3DA

Southbridge Revision  00

BIOS    Brand:  American Megatrends Inc.        Version 1.10           Date 9/29/2020

CPU                           Intel Core i7 10700K

Cores   8

Threads           16

Name  Intel Core i7 10700K

Code Name     Comet Lake

Package           Socket 1200 LGA

Technology      14nm

Specification   Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz

Family 6

Extended Family         6

Model  5

Extended Model         A5

Stepping          5

Revision           Q0

Instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3

Virtualization  Supported, Enabled

Hyperthreading           Supported, Enabled

Bus Speed        99.8 MHz

Stock Core Speed        3800 MHz

Stock Bus Speed          100 MHz

Average Temperature 30 °C

I think you suggested removing this highlighted error flagged device:

woosh4123_0-1632615641135.png

And any software associated with it. Do you mean this driver associated with the device?

heci.inf_amd64_778912adccf3cb\x64\TeeDriverW10x64.sys

I do not know of any other software that might be associated with this device.

And, yes, please - I would need you to point me to right package for me to download.

woosh4123_1-1632615641137.png

Thanks ever so much for your insights and guidance. I must however, log off my computer for the night. (It is about 8:30 pm on Saturday 25 September. Please be assured I will read and comply with any advice you send – but tomorrow is the soonest I can “Log On” to my computer again.

Have a pleasant evening and a fun, safe Sunday!

Bill

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That's more than enough information.

A version of the ME driver installation package for 10th gen processors/400 Series chipsets can be found here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19488. Simply extract the contents of the ZIP file and run the MEISetup.exe.

...S

0 Kudos
woosh4123
Beginner

Did as you suggested and can happily report that after rebooting and checking the Device Manager I now see no yellow triangle warning!

Yay!

Also re-ran the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, and got the message: “Your Intel drivers and software are up to date.”

Yay!!!

Thanks very much for you help: What I feared to be a nightmare with your assistance turned out to be a walk in the park!

Yay!!!!

Bill

0 Kudos