cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bshab1
Beginner

Different Processor Base Frequency

Hello,

I Have a i5-4590T CPU witch has 3.1GHz Frequency printed on it, instead of 2.0Ghz .

I can't find this model at intel web site.

can any one help finding this model

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Here is the spec page for this processor: https://ark.intel.com/products/78928/Intel-Core-i5-4590T-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_00-GHz Intel® Core™ i5-4590T Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.00 GHz) Product Specifications.

It should say 2.0GHz. I smell a rat. What does it show when you display its CPUID string? Please run Intel Processor Identification Utility, (available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/7838/Intel-Processor-Identification-Utility-Windows-Versio... Download Intel® Processor Identification Utility) and post results here. Also, please take a picture of the top of the processor and post it as well.

...S

Bshab1
Beginner

Hello ,

thank you for your reply

I will attach a picture for the CPU

you can see 3.1Ghz .

The i5-4590T should have 2.0Ghz!!!!

*** also attatched test results

n_scott_pearson

Well, it appears to be what it says, so we aren't looking at one of those cases where a processor has been remarked. I do not know why there is this discrepancy from what is detailed in ARK. Intel Customer Support will need to look at this and see if it's just a booboo in the ARK data.

...S

Bshab1
Beginner

what I have to do next?

and what if it was just a booboo ?

n_scott_pearson

You don't need to do anything. Just enjoy your system. If ICS finds that the ARK data is incorrect, they will correct it.

...S

Bshab1
Beginner

I am sure ARK data is correct.

I didn't get an answer whether my case is rear or strange or is there a similar situation !!!!

what I can say now is that you were very helpful.

Thank you very much.