Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Disable Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility - Intel® XTU Logs

rv-csi
Beginner

Hi!

I don't have Intel XTU installed. But large unnecessary log files are collected on my SSD:

C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Extreme Tuning Utility\Logs

So how can I disable Intel XTU logging?

PS. I found out that Intel added an option to disable logs (https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Disable-Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-Logs/td-p/722625?profile.language=ru) , but I don't have utility installed.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_V_Intel

Hello rv-csi,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided please follow the next information: 

• Steps to remove log files and any Intel® XTU

1. Locate installutil.exe at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe.
  2. Locate XTU service at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe.
  3. Using those pieces of information, open a command prompt as an admin and enter your information for the location of the Extreme Tuning service. (Your location may be different. An example is given below.)
  4. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /u C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe.
  5. Delete any folder named Intel® XTU from these locations: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel and C:\ProgramData\Intel.
  6. Delete the folder named Intel Telemetry under C:\ProgramData:.
  7. You may want to reboot your system (optional).

• If the issue persists, is recommended to perform a clean installation of the operating system.

We will be waiting for your answers.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

rv-csi
Beginner

Hello Jose! 

Thank you for the answer. I found the places and utilities you indicated and it's all very clear to me now.

But now I thought, if I delete everything, will I lose the functionality of DELL utilities that monitor CPU parameters?

Best regards. Rustem

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi rv-csi,

Hope your doing well.

Removing all the Intel® XTU files and information won't harm or do any impact on your system since this will only affect to the Intel® XTU.

Also, if you perform Clean installation of the OS, there is nothing wrong, you can always contact your Manufacturer Dell to see the available downloads you can have in your system, software, apps, utilities & drivers too.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello rv-csi,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

Jose_V_Intel

Hello rv-csi,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician