Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Do not run applications and games on the processor intel Pentium N4200

VVadi5
Beginner

Hello,

Recently bought a laptop an Intel Pentium n4200. When buying thought that this is quad core with a frequency of up to 2.5 GHz. As it turned out, this is not so because applications see only the base frequency of 1.1 GHz in the system configuration at startup and do not start (reset; crash at startup). Will this problem be solved?

Please help with this problem.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What are you talking about?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/95592/intel-pentium-processor-n4200-2m-cache-up-to-2-5-ghz.html

This is a 4 core processor.

It will boost to 2.5GHz.

What problem needs to be fixed?

If you have a problem with your laptop, your laptop manufacturer is SOLELY responsible for your support, including any defects, NOT INTEL. Yet, you came here to trash the processor and make false claims about the cores and performance?

You need to explain better your problem. Also, provide other information, such as OS and build.

Doc

0 Kudos
VVadi5
Beginner

Now many games and some applications read the system configuration information at startup and determine whether the application meets the minimum requirements. If not, they are automatically reset. That's the problem with this processor because the system configuration only has a base frequency of 1.1 GHz. Now as before, this frequency is too small.

Yes the processor is smart and fast but to fully implement it often does not give the frequency parameter in the system configuration. I see the solution only in creating a new version of the chipset for BIOS.

Although perhaps the entire problem in architecture Apollo Lake.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

A whole new chipset to solve a non-issue that you should have researched before purchase? I do not see it happening.

You still have not defined the problem you have with crashes, what os and build you are using, and the manufacturer/model of your laptop. You have advised any reader to not use this processor. I would imagine you should advise to not purchase that laptop as well.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The "chipset" has absolutely nothing to do with it. This is the base clock that the processor supports and the motherboard will be designed to support this. There's nothing wrong with the hardware and no need for any change. If you want to play games with higher requirements, you should have purchased a more expensive laptop with a better processor. As for the games themselves, if they are so poorly implemented that they apply rules that make no sense with respect to the available processing power, then that is their fault, not this processor's. Talk to them.

...S

0 Kudos
VVadi5
Beginner

This processor does not run games and applications with the minimum requirements of dual-core 2.1 GHz. Why then need this processor? Just to use Microsoft office? Processors 2010 better and cheaper. I understand this question to Asus why It uses this processor along with the graphics card Nvidea 920mx. But Asus with the problem of running games and applications will not help.

0 Kudos
VVadi5
Beginner

And about "chipset". If you change it to the system configuration settings processor frequency was up @ 2.5 GHz in BIOS.

Also many applications and games do not run as they see the processor as single core. But this problem can be dealt with by programs.

I will write again that many applications and games see this processor as single core 1,1 GHz . I think that Intel should help me with this problem. Intel is one and there are many manufacturers of games and applications.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

ASUS is SOLELY responsible for support of your laptop. Contact ASUS support, or return the laptop and purchase one that is suited for your needs.

Also, make sure you update your bios, and that you use THEIR graphic driver(s).

And, that you are on the latest build and updates for Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
alexsmith789
Beginner

When I was going to run the applications on the laptop then suddenly lenovo laptop screen flickering started and I could not run the game on the processor. Please help me with the solution so that I can work with the processor.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Check the Lenovo site and see if there is a newer driver available for your laptop.

...S

0 Kudos