Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

Documentation for Pentium® E5200, G31 Express Chipset, ICH7

ishraq
Novice

Hello,

I would like to know how I could gain access to non-public documentation for the Pentium® E5200 (S-Spec SLB9T), the 82G31 GMCH and the ICH7 - for example, the relevant "Bios Writer's Guide"s, "Programmer's Reference Manual"s, etc.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, you need to contact Intel and get setup for signing an NDA. I suggest you contact the Intel Customer Support (ICS) agents in your locale and hopefully they can put you in contact with someone who can help with the NDA. Here is ICS contact information:

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ishraq,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I hit my spec archive and came up with what's attached in the ZIP file. It was the ICH9 that was typically matched with the G31 chipset. I consequently have included both the ICH7 and ICH9 specs.

Now, this is the publicly-available documentation. The non-public specifications - even for products this old - are only released under NDA.

...S

ishraq
Novice

Thank you.

Regarding access to the non-public documentation, do you know where I should start looking?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, you need to contact Intel and get setup for signing an NDA. I suggest you contact the Intel Customer Support (ICS) agents in your locale and hopefully they can put you in contact with someone who can help with the NDA. Here is ICS contact information:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos