Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Does Intel Core i7-9700 have VT-x support? If so is there anywhere other than BIOS it can be enabled?

SErie
Beginner

Screenshot (1).pngI encountered errors regarding Virtualization trying to install/use haxm and VirtualBox on my new machine. They both said my machine didn't have VT-x support. I do not have a BIOS option, but Task Manager>Performance>CPU Virtualization stat reads enabled. I also ran haxm_check.exe and Intel Processor Id Util and both told me no VT-x support. According to Intel docs though my processor supports VT-x. Is this doc incorrect, or if it is not is there a way I can prove this is a BIOS issue so I can go back Dell support to report a driver issue? Or is there anything else that could be causing VT-x not to be enabled. I am running Windows 10 Home edition, so there is no Hyper-V to be causing the problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Per ark.intel.com, yes, it has support​. Enabling is only via the BIOS.

...S

SErie
Beginner

Thank you for the quick reply. This is what I figured, I am guessing then the CPU Technologies listed from the Util that are present but crossed out mean supported by processor but not enabled (or otherwise working).

0 Kudos